Friel’s Historic Bar & Restaurant is a 5th generation, family run, award winning Irish Bar & Restaurant. Nestled in the heart of the South County Derry countryside, at the foot of Carntogher Mountain, in the picturesque village of Swatragh, Northern Ireland, BT46 5QF.
Friel\’s is a pub with an original wooden ceiling, ornate bar counter and a roaring fire. Walls are lined with historic photographs and Guinness memorabilia. They are one of those places with all the charm of an ‘old man’s pub’ but with the buzz of weekend cocktails, family Sunday lunch and coffee catch-ups.
Renowned for the welcome as warm as the turf fire that burns in the hearth, Friel\’s usually host a vibrant mix of both locals & tour groups who come together to enjoy the craic and music with live bands & traditional sessions set the scene where memories are made. They intend to get back to all this after Covid!
The award winning Restaurant in Friel\’s has recently undergone an elegant refurbishment with new dessert and coffee bar. The menu reflects the finest local produce with prominence placed on farm to fork. Friel’s outdoor eating areas are spread over three spaces, home to the Market Bar, BBQ stone fireplace, enclosed children’s areas & where dogs are welcome to relax in the shade. The recent addition of the Friel’s Motorhome Park offers full amenities for camper vans.
Currently operating weekend take away menu, after the easing of localised restrictions they aim to return to daily operations 12pm – 8pm.
Friel’s Bar & Restaurant is now seeking a Head Chef, for immediate start, who is a strong team leader and can achieve great things alongside the existing hardworking team. They want a Chef who can lead by example, is a reliable, responsible and trustworthy person, who is willing to treat the business like it is their own.
Duties to include:
– The ideal candidate will have experience in this role & possess a passion for sourcing local produce from local suppliers.
– Have the ability to create exciting new dishes telling our story through our food
– Assist owners in developing farm shop on site
– Opportunity to expand lunch time offering
– Have a committed approach to the development of creative service in the kitchen
– Overall responsibility for the daily operations in the kitchen
– Strong communication & team motivational skills
– Assist with training new staff, also continue the ongoing training & development for existing team
– Meeting all KPI\’s such as, raising food GP%, maintaining labour costs, etc
– Costing all menu dishes & ensuring quality standards are met
– Stock management & ensuring they are kept to minimum levels
– Implementation of health & safety HACCP procedures in the kitchen
– The ability to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment
This role is a great opportunity for a Head Chef to make their mark on an established forward-thinking business, through the power of their creativity.
Start Date: Immediate Start
Salary: st£35,000 – st£40,000
Hours per week: 45
Work Time: Flexible shifts
Term: Permanent Full Time
Accommodation: Can be sourced, if required
Email CV to email@example.com
Please state Head Chef in subject box
Friel’s Web and Social Media Links: