This is a wee thing we make every now and then and always for Valentines Day! This year it was even more special as those lovely people from ABSOLUT vodka sent me out one of their new limited edition bottles of ABSOLUT MODE.
|Absolute Oysters & Vodka for Valentines Day
The lovely Emma Shannon told me that the bottle reflects “the world of fashion, through twelve facets wrapped with a band in midnight blue silk cloth with text embroidery. Inspired by the timeless fashion photographies that became popular after World War II, and the experimental films of the sixties for beauty giants L’Oreal and Elizabeth Arden, the bottle reflects the faces of fashion surrounding it.” …And tasty vodka it is too!!!
|The very Classy looking ABSOLUT MODE Vodka
This simple oyster starter dish is great for parties and reflects the tastes of the classic vodka-based hangover cure, the Bloody Mary. It uses almost the same ingredients but I use some freshly grated Ginger instead of Worcester Sauce to round up the flavours. You can double up the ingredients depending on the numbers.
1 peeled Tomato
1/2 that amount of finely chopped Celery
1 teaspoonful of freshly grated Ginger
knob of Butter
juice of 1/2 Lemon
2x 35ml shots Absolut Vodka
1. Open the oysters, loosen & turn.
2. Melt the butter in a small pot. Toss in the celery and cook until soft. Add the tomato & ginger and soften quickly stirring all the time.
3. Add the lemon juice and Vodka. Tip up to the gas and Flambee (or tip up to a lighter if you don’t use gas) to burn off some of the alcohol and concentrate the flavour.
4. Splash in a few dashes of Tobasco sauce and take it off the heat.
5. Divide and spoon the hot reduction over the cold oysters and serve immediately!
It sound strange but it tastes Great! Yum!